?

Log in

JOHD

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> Madd's World
> next 10 entries
Counter

Links
• Flash Arcade
• Madd's Menu
• Madd's World
• Jarin's Website
• Madd's World Status (check problems)
• MWF (Message Board)
• Chat
• MaddSpace.com
• Personal Map (Frappr)
• Work Schedule
• JOHD Memories
>>DOWNLOADS<<
• Madd File Downloads
• Boobies Song
• Boobies (radio edit)
• Zeldo Song (Zelda theme, created by me)
• Hillbilly Parody Song
>>On the Web<<

Apr 4th, 2010


23:59 - Easter Work
Well, today for Easter I worked. I am not sure if I did this before, as I do not remember. Who knows. It was pretty average day. I was tired through it. However, Jarin did get some fun Easter time, so that is good.

Well, I look forward to getting up around 6:45... no, not really.
Current Location: 3014 SW 40th Des Moines IA
Current Mood: tiredtired
Current Music: Jeuno

[[Train your Brain]]

Apr 2nd, 2010


23:30 - Eh
Not really the best day. Few things going on. Work is not helping, there are things about it that are going well beyond annoying me. It is not actually the work itself, as it is people who are not doing their job and bogging me down. Plus, I saw my credit card bill and the reason it has been so high >.
Current Location: 925 High St, Des Moines IA
Current Mood: annoyedannoyed

[[4 comments | Train your Brain]]

Apr 1st, 2010


21:17 - 2038
Wow, I keep passing out and waking up some time around 20:38. I am sorry, did I say some time around 20:38, I meant EXACTLY 20:38. Wow creepy strange is that?

On a LIGHTER note, I have no hair, enjoy!! :D
Current Location: 3014 SW 40th Des Moines IA
Current Mood: energeticenergetic
Current Music: Time - Casio CTK-5000 MIDI song
Tags: , ,

[[Train your Brain]]

Mar 22nd, 2010


23:39 - Hi
Oh, sweet hours, how I long for thee. I have adjusted rather well back to my old hours. It appears I shall be keeping them as my work assignment would look to be able to function at later times. Also, it is very nice to be able to drive to work again. I find it perplexing that the moment I am to go to days, Fleur closes down, and the very day before I switch back, it opens up again. Sign you say? You might, rabbit, you might.

Here it is, your moment of Zen


Current Location: 925 High St, 50309
Current Mood: happyhappy
Tags: , ,

[[Train your Brain]]

Mar 12th, 2010


21:13 - nickle flooded unease
so i do not have much time since my phone battery is almost dead. wow this phone is annoying. these hours are not easy on me as I am passing out more sop than usual
Current Location: 63rd St, Des Moines, IA
Current Mood: calmcalm

[[Train your Brain]]

Mar 10th, 2010


13:42 - ATP, as easy as SQUIRREL!
So odd that I am writing this during my lunch. Actually, that is not as odd as the time stamp. I had another interesting dream. It is interesting in the fact at the time it was very vivid. I had thought my brain was slowly slipping away from me, since I use to have lots of dreams, and I remembered them, and some even confused with Reality. Well when I say confused with Reality I mean the fact while dreaming I thought events were really happening.

Now, one could post this fact to my shift in time scheduling. It would be a logical conclusion that I would take. This is debunked, however, when I take into consideration that the last dream I had however many days ago that I said I wanted to write about was during my “normal” schedule. So I really do not have the time to get into the finer points of the things I wanted to be reminded of to get into. It certainly sucks to be me.

So my work change is going well. I actually made it to work “early” today. I found parking. The only thing I was not truly prepared for was the meter. Ah nice to know how much I put into public works to have money wasted on whatever. You know what I want, Des Moines; City Of? I want my damn roads fixed. I do not care that you have a map where people can click on things. I want the damns things fixed. I mean, there is one on Fleur that could almost eat my entire car up if not careful. How in the world does something like that happen?

It reminds me of… squirrel! So anyway, since I lost that train of thought, my general thought processes seem to have functioned extremely well today. I mean, I only started with two Mt Dew, and am only finishing my third one now. I have not even TOUCHED my fourth one, OR my bag of speed that I bought from magickal (this is not a spelling error) mushroom people that keep telling me their chick is in another crib! How great is that?

Speaking of the glorious Mountains of Green Gold and Plasma substitute, I think there might be a physical dependency on caffeine. I have noticed towards the end part of days, on days I am not working (thus generally not refueling my Adenosine diphosphate nucleotides into their Adenosine-5'-triphosphate coenzymes), the back of my head tells me there is something wrong. Hahaha, yeah... that leaves me wide open. So anyway, my attempt to wean myself from Green God in a Can might have to be postponed (Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savoir and in no way shape or form is the preceding comment any reflection of an alteration of this fact, nor a violation of God Code 1, Thou Shall Not Worship any other Dude but THEE Dude).

Well at any rate... my time is up. Drat, time flies when you are insane and loving it...
Current Location: 925 High St, 50309

[[Train your Brain]]

Dec 21st, 2009


21:50 - Poop = Chocolate
Yes, please, no copyright flaming, I would greatly appreciate that, thank you for playing :)

A shout-out to Melissa, AKA Sewcute (since there are millions of Melissa's roaming the planet). I know this is her favorite medium to chat about things, and I have not been on since who knows when, and I just wanted to post to the world to let it know I am thinking about her. That is all, carry onward...

I am having a great day.

So, been a while since I have been here. It is nice that work allows me the ability to net between calls again. Sure, no Twitter (you're welcome, Work), social networking, or games (aw, sorry Madd's World Arcade [MWA]), however, I can do this, and might as well.

I miss writing, and I mean, a lot. Of late, I seem to fall into this slump where I really do not want to do anything what-so-ever. I mean, there are a lot of things on my plate, and my ToDo list still has items well beyond 2,843 days overdue (sorry teeth!). I am not one to give up, but there are some things I seem to have given up on. Having things done proactively is one of those things. I do something, then once a pattern breaks, it is gone and I am back to the old ways. This displeases me, and I am not sure what the problem is or how to fix it. Whether it is dyslexia, or some brain malfunction, or whatever, there are some things I would have the ability to do to help work on whatever those issues are. Right now, one of the best things is having a friend network of humans supportive in this area. Unfortunately, I really do not have that now (no offence, friends). It is difficult to have help with a problem that others do not share. Just like, if you were the only one who ever touched a drop of drink at an AA meeting, well, no matter how helpful those other humans are, they just do not get it. I can tell you giving birth hurts, like no other. I cannot tell you that I relate to the pain, despite what has happen to my body through its lifetime. As much as I can imagine and use logic, it simply is not gonna happen.

Sparky.

I miss Sparky. It has been... um, I want to say four weeks as of yesterday since I have talked to him, let alone hung out with him. Something has gone on his life. Two weeks ago, I got a message on his OGM (tech talk for "outgoing message" on voicemail/tam [tech talk for telephone answering maching]) saying that he still loved me and he also talked about his cousin, someone who also hangs out with him a lot. This tells me that whatever is going on, it is not just me. Of course, he also said so. The fact he is referencing other human(s) just backs it up. Logic FTW. I sure hope I get to hang with him soon.

Work

Well, I have certainly had my battles here and there with Work. I will say this much (I think I can say this without getting into trouble, hehe), that despite any issues I have had with Work, they keep impressing me. We just got information today that flex has gone from 5 per quarter for hour max to 8 per quarter for two hour max. This is great news for others... other than me. I mean, the extra is nice, however the two hour difference will work more for others. However, what REALLY works for me, two fold, is that our PDP has now all been converted over to PRIORITY. This means that instead of the four days we get, now all of our PDP time can be PRIORITY. I currently have 4 hours left. I am one of a remote few who have this. So besides getting more PRIORITY, this means that other people are going to be able to burn up more entitlement time faster. The only down side is if I want any entitlement time in the first part of the year, it will be more difficult a little bit longer. I do enjoy the fact that people will be able to burn it quicker, allowing me easier access to time off in the later part of the year :)

Phone http://tinyurl.com/yjpnxfn

I am going on my fourth smartphone now. Unlike my last POS (VX6900), my Samsung Omnia II has gotten great reviews. I got to play with one in the mall. I typed out "I want to eat brains" on it with that new finger drag thing for QWERTY that I forgot its name (oh yeah, Swype, how almost original... not). I am really hoping for gold here, as my current phone frezzes, has lost a bit of information, has reset itself without even touching it a few times, and basically is being a poo-head of a phone. Boo to it! It is extremely frustrating having a phone that every time I touch it, the "hourglass" starts spinning for extended periods of time.

Body

My body really seems like it is letting me down. I have no one to blame but... my parents! :D Okay, I do not do the best diet, and I certainly do not exercise, something I at least have thought about from time to time. So there is plenty on my own plate that I could tackle. It is to the point that per month I bleed more than a woman. My quote "never trust something that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die" (well, not my quote, but one I enjoy much) is belonging to my base more so than I would like. Nothing anyone can do about it other than bring out the Burnz-O-matic. I also am more tired. Jarin does not make this an easy task. I do stay up late still, however there have been times I have not. I do my best not to Dew every day, so I cannot help but wonder if that is playing a part. It might be time to flush the system. Mmm... water.

Website

I so love my website. It has helped me connect with a few lost humans here and there. I so "neglect" it a lot. There is so much updating that again is on the plate, however not being eaten by anything. I... am not sure what else I was going to say on that matter.

...

So, I am tired, yet again. I had two Dew from Wal-Mart before work. I am out of Dew. I think I am out of motivation. I paid more for my new remote than my phone. That is a scary thought. I want my DirecTV HD back. It has been like... um, a long time, and I still do not have HD access and am a receiver short. I might call them tonight. It would be another win for Madd. Oh dear, more information coming my way.

Jarin

Hmm… what can I say. His intellectual capacity is wonderful. He is already potty trained, and has had very few accidents. In fact, he does not pee when he sleeps. Mom tells me that this process took me… ah… like seven or so years, and the only reason was due to not wanting to be picked on at school. Wow how things have changed for me :D Well anyway, that is nice, and he knows so many things now, but with great power comes great complaining. His independence is a little too strong (and a double standard). If he knows he can do it by his self, then he expects to do it by himself. God bless his wonderful mother as while she is a great mom, she also falls into a more typical one, wanting to make her baby happy. Well, dad had also been accused and guilty of this, however dad has seen where this is going, and it is not good. Some times, he gets so upset when something does not go his way, that I think he somehow hurts himself. Think on the lines of… pushing so hard when you poop that it does not come out well. Or think of holding your nose and breath and then attempting to force air through your nose, popping your ears, but doing it with too much force. I mean, we want happiness for our baby. It is not easy, especially since he is smart enough to get away with things. I cannot tell you how many times that I have seen him pick up a remote (game or TV) and when he is caught, he “moves” it as if it was not in the right spot. Telling him no is about the same to him as taking a bottle and busting it over his head. Um… not that he KNOWS what that feels like, because I have not ever done that.

So when it comes to getting his way, well, he expects it or he freaks out. I imagine that a lot more research into the situation would be a great idea. One problem with this is that not all are created equal. I mean, .08 blood content for some people is wacky crazy while others are almost at a mentally sober state. Give some people an aspirin for pain, and it works instantly, while the same pill for the same problem does nothing or makes it worse for another. So just going to a website where others have the issue, or asking a doctor will only get you so far. Also, keep in mind that the experiences in life drastically change things also. Jarin knows who Santa is, and telling him that naughty boys do not get toys from Santa would not have the effect that a 2.5+ year old who has not been taught who Santa is or his job function. Of course, Catholic parents could tell a kid the same age as Jarin that s/he is going to burn in the fiery depths of hell, and that child could snap into shape into a heartbeat (exaggeration and sarcasm, Catholics, some day you might learn what this is. Hahaha, I am so funny). Then add the millions of bits of other information in Jarin’s perceptional screen, and you have what you would have with any human, an extremely unique personality that is difficult to psychology break down into a way that control behavior the exact way you want. Oh yeah, and he has been stuck in his terrible two’s for over two years now :D

While I will not comment in favor or opposed to Jen’s ability to deal with Jarin, I do feel that my take on dealing with his issues is really holding up there in the average world of parenting. The one thing I would change is not “yelling” at him for anything. There are times when I get caught off guard, and could say something in the lines of “Noo! I told you not to do that!” on something. While some form of discipline would help with the situation, he really is at that point in life where just using child logic with him would be better for everyone in the long run. Also, the threats should be cut down. Telling him that he is going to go to bed if he keeps acting up 3 times in on occurrence is just going to further his mental process that “I am the master of the house and can get away with anything I want in the world”.

One thing I am happy with is how I am sticking to my guns with even the most simple of problems. Me grabbing a glass to pour his chocolate milk he has been asking for, just to have him freak out because I do not have the exact glass at the right temperature with the proper mix of milk at the right cold feel and the chocolate mix powder in the right ratio to whatever in the world he is talking about, is no longer something I tell him to stop doing and then conform to what he wants. I go into the other room, let him scream his head off and wait for him to be done, completely, with his meltdown. I like that I have taken this route. Sooner or later, the child is going to have to just accept the fact, that there are some things in life that he has to deal with, and should deal with these things with understanding, instead of dealing with it asking like an ass to everyone. He might be a kid now, and it is “understood” that he is a child, however, he is truly smart enough to start storing this information. After all, he sure had no problems dropping his own little kids at the pool when he was able to assimilate “poop = chocolate” (my word that sounded wrong). So his mind should start the process that “screaming when not getting what want <> getting what want”.
Current Location: 925 High St, 50309
Current Mood: tiredtired

[[3 comments | Train your Brain]]

Jun 9th, 2008


16:43 - -poke-
Well, I thank the "hot sexy momma" who poked me :D

Hmm, so much going on I almost cannot keep my head on straight. Well, a long time ago (only a few actual entries) I made reference to my new ability to keep up to-date and track things better with this new system I was going to go with. Unfortunately, barely any time went by from that point that I ended up getting the squeeze from work with the re-initiated procedure of "no anything" on the floor. So, this would mean that the hopes and desires of said adventure would be no more, or at least for the time being, or at least now, or whatever.

Attempting to keep updated at home is bleak to pointless, or at least it feels that way. The reason I am not able to keep email and the like up to date is well beyond my current understanding. I do know that I have been extremely distracted of late with my website, something I have given high priority to lately. See, the way I want my website to work, well, it is not working in all systems. It currently works for Firefox and Opera (well, a guess since I found this out by checking on my Wii, so not sure if it is the same on a desktop), and that is about it. Anyone curious as to the look I am going for can visit http://madd74.com/maddframe.html even though, note that if you are using anything other than Firefox 2, that I have no clue what will happen when you visit.

The tech aspect: Well, side tracking a little bit from the original post, one of the problems is that the code is not validated correctly. When I do validate the code correctly, then the iframe part of the site has a messed up height. Doing some troubleshooting with a tech support forum, it would appear that the way to be validated and have it work the way I want, I would have to use more complex coding, so, that is where I am at now. However, further testing with valid code shows IE rendering my page extremely wrong. The biggest point of doing this validation is for the purpose of making my way up in the page ranks, so that I hopefully get more traffic since I get absolutely nil traffic at this time. Some who are smart and observant (via website worlds) would comment, “Um, Madd, you have no ads on your site, something you might be proud of, but that means that you get absolutely no money for people visiting, and in fact, means if you get a lot of traffic that it could cause problems with your service, so, why care?” To anyone who would think that would be thinking a most excellent question, as I have wondered it myself. The best answer I can give is the self promotion of a possible community of which I have some control over. The problem with a place like myspace (well, bad example as there are about 900+ some problems with myspace, another story all in itself) is that I really have no control over how it works. I have no control over the actual content expect what is on my own personal page. Now, with my website, when something cool is around, I have control on whether that becomes a part of my site (of which I am sure it will break down and I will pull hair out attempting to fix it). Also, I think it helps to think of this fact. If I had to choose being rich beyond rich, or simply famous, I would pick famous. Maybe it has something to do with the whole reason we have kids. If you die rich, what is the point of being rich you cannot take it with you. If you die famous, then there is the possibility that your existence is remembered forever and a year. It is almost like your life has meaning beyond the end of it. Of course, I could possibly be digging deep on that, as it is only speculation as to what I would really care in having people visit and interact with my site.

Anyway, that is well off base from what I was talking about, which a few hours later, I really do not remember what I was talking about. I stated my point that my attempts to keep updated with others has failed (as if my lack of interaction was not already a good indication to others). Now, some people take it personally (and frankly, I feel those people selfish who do), so maybe this is that friendly reminder I give to many that it impacts everyone I know, not just any one given human or thing. Oh, yeah, I guess I do remember one thing I was going to get into. I hope to write yet again, closer to what I wanted to, and originally intended to. Now, before I can do that, there are a few entries that I am to get out in the open, a few of which I am not looking forward to because it means I am going to be opening up wounds that have already healed. Still, in order for me to go forward, I feel obligated to myself to venture some in the past. So, it is time to get the ball rolling… or at least, the paper.
Current Location: 925 High St, Des Moines, IA
Current Mood: annoyedannoyed

[[6 comments | Train your Brain]]

> next 10 entries
> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com